OLD - HAS CONNECTIONS - OC Food Bank Disaster Post
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the Orange County Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC) has been activated to support immediate volunteer needs, including hands-on and virtual opportunities during this disaster.
The OC Food Bank is in desperate need of volunteers to help pack food boxes for the community and those who are most affected by the global COVID - 19 epidemic. If you are healthy, able, and want to help during this time of need within our Country, WE WANT YOU!
MUST BE FREE OF AND SHOW NO SIGNS OF FLU LIKE ILLNESS.
- Monday - Friday: 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm
- Saturdays: 8:30am-10:30am, 11am-1pm
If under 18, you MUST be accompanied by an adult. You may stay for more than one Shift.
Precautions being taken by the OC Food Bank:
- Legally, all distribution warehouses must adhere to a 3' social distancing measure AT MINIMUM (6' at most).
- All tape guns and box cutters are being sanitized every night by staff (using gloves to do so).
- We are asking all volunteers to wash their hands before and after their service.
Precautions for you to take:
- We are recognizing the CDC's announcement and urging otherwise healthy people to NOT wear masks and/or gloves. We do invite those who still want to wear them to do so. Please Note: OC Food Bank cannot supply these items.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- DO NOT volunteer if you are ill, have been ill within the past 14 days, or believe you have been exposed to the virus.
Please know that your safety and the safety of those we serve is our utmost concern and we are taking every measure necessary to combat the spread of the virus.
At this time we need as many healthy volunteers as possible as this is a necessary service for our community. We want to reassure you that volunteering is as safe as possible for both you and those receiving these packages.
Thank you for your heart to serve during this time! We know we'll get through this TOGETHER!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: