ON-SITE: Food Prep & Service (SAT. & SUN.: 7:30AM-12PM)
Our mission is simple: To feed a hot and nutritional meal to the homeless, the unemployed, the working poor, the mentally challenged, the physically challenged, senior citizens, and most importantly – the children.
The Soup Kitchen provides 200 meals per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! We make our meals fresh daily, consisting of soup, vegetable and fruit salads, hearty and filling side dishes, bread, dessert, and water. Along with this meal, our guests also get to choose from a wide variety of donations from our partners, such as Trader Joe's, Wal-Mart, The National Charity League, and community members like you who want to support our mission!
To get a better idea of our organization and familiarize yourself with our work, PLEASE ENJOY THIS BRIEF VIDEO: Welcome to Someone Cares Soup Kitchen! We look forward to meeting and serving alongside you soon!
COVID-19 Guidelines: Someone Cares Soup Kitchen's top priority is to keep residents, volunteers, employees, and their families safe and healthy. Per CDC guidelines and the population we serve, we still require face masks while serving at SCSK after June 15th, 2021. Please be sure to bring and wear a face mask to your shift since supplies are limited. If you have a fever, are sick, show signs of COVID-19, have been in the proximity of someone with COVID-19, or are awaiting diagnosis, you may NOT volunteer.
ALL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES at Someone Cares Soup Kitchen are highly important, directly affect our organization's operation, and are vital to our day-to-day success. Our volunteers are the driving force behind our mission and the heartbeat of our organization. By empowering volunteers to take ownership of their service while making a difference in the community, we all thrive. From first-time volunteers to our veterans, we simply could not do what we do without you!
Food Prep & Service Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
- This role has direct contact with our guests. Our guests are required to wear masks and socially distance themselves from each other and volunteers.
- Prep food for cooking: cut, clean, store, etc.
- Assist in the cooking of pre-planned meals (guided by our head chef). No experience necessary, but it is always a plus!
- Plate and serve to-go-style food boxes.
- Transfer meals from the kitchen to the service line.
- Prepare food items for the next day's menu.
- Set up & break down the donation intake area.
- Re-stock service areas as needed.
- Sort and stock food donations in our commercial refrigerators.
- Break down boxes.
- Wash dishes.
- First-time volunteers are required to arrive 15 minutes early for a brief orientation.
- Must be at least 15 Years old to volunteer (No Exceptions).
- Must be able to volunteer for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Standing, twisting, bending, reaching.
- Closed-toed shoes.
- Comfortable/casual clothing (no tank tops, short shorts, exposed mid-drift).
- Volunteers who have long hair must pull it back into a ponytail or bun.
- Inappropriate tattoos must be covered.
- Must wear masks and gloves at all times.
- ***We provide gloves and masks if needed***
Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: