Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Disaster Health Services Volunteer (Bilingual)
- Provide hands-on care for evacuated individuals and families to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training required for the position
- A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Willing to complete virtual self-paced training required for position
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Being bilingual in another language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Farsi, etc.)
- Availability to sign up for shifts of your choice when a shelter opens (your choice of 4-12 hour shifts) (flexible/you can change availability at anytime)
- Complete online self-paced training
Email or Text: Karla Legorreta, Recruitment Specialist Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org at (714) 380-7263
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: