Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Food Hero - Meal Delivery to vulnerable (immediate need!)
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the Orange County Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC) has been activated to support immediate volunteer needs, including hands-on and virtual opportunities during this disaster. PICK UP food at a restaurant at 2pm, then deliver until about 4:30pm. No Contact Delivery - Safer during COVID times.
Delivering with Dignity OC is an emergency response to the healthcare and economic crisis created by the novel coronavirus and has grown exponentially in its effort to help the most vulnerable and isolated individuals in Orange County. Through partnerships with locally-owned restaurants, leading nonprofit agencies, and private corporations, the program have "food hero" volunteers deliver meals directly to the doorsteps of residents, while keeping dozens of restaurant staff employed. We are initially concentrating on recipients Central OC.
Simultaneous to feeding those in need, Delivering with Dignity is supporting the economically devastated restaurant industry by providing supplemental revenue through the meal program. The beauty of the program is that these are not emergency meals or cold sandwiches, these are balanced, nutritious meals prepared with tremendous heart from our culinary team and partner restaurants. Delivering with Dignity is working with numerous non-profit partners to identify individual recipients who need the program based on “Triple Threat” criteria.
"Food Heroes" or Volunteer delivery drivers are the core of the program, picking up food packages from restaurants and delivering them to individuals & families in need. We need you to help deliver meals to those in need! Concentrating on recipients that live in Santa Ana, Anaheim or Costa Mesa. Food Heroes abide by strict health and social distancing guidelines and follow routes developed by a food delivery logistics technology from Copia.
- Deliver three days of dinner meals (at one time) directly to the doorsteps of the most vulnerable in our communities according to the “triple-threat” criteria.
- Delivering with Dignity delivers per week an average of 4,500 meals in Las Vegas, so many volunteers will be needed in OC
- This is possible through partnerships with locally-owned restaurants, non-profit community organizations, funders, private corporations, and an army of volunteers.
Important Things to Know for Food Hero Volunteers (Drivers):
- Restaurant details will be sent the day before your volunteer shift.
- Must NOT be in the “at-risk” group as defined by CDC guidelines for COVID-19
- Must be currently employed, on laid-off status or enrolled/recently graduated (Spring 2020) in an accredited college
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license & insurance
- We are not providing gas reimbursement. However, we are all incredibly grateful for your selflessness and humanity!
- We want to remind you that it is critically important for social distancing efforts throughout the process & must wear a mask and gloves
- Due to high demand, volunteer shifts are not guaranteed.
- With rising summer temperatures, we want to make sure that food stays safe to eat! Your vehicle must be large enough to fit food bags in the car (not in the trunk or in the bed of a truck). Please also keep your air conditioning running at all times while making deliveries.
- Volunteer Waiver link: DWD Volunteer Waiver
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: