Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Disaster Response Volunteer (Bilingual)
Disaster Response or Disaster Action Team Volunteers provide 24 hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
- Participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.)
- Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
- Able to speak another language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Farsi, etc.)
WATCH how Disaster Response volunteers make a difference--> https://youtu.be/-yamNDUbsn0
Contact: Karla Legorreta, Recruitment Specialist at Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org (714) 380-7263
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: