Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Computer Skills Volunteer Trainer (Virtual)
About Working Wardrobes: Since 1990, Working Wardrobes has changed the lives of over 105,000 at-risk men, women, young adults, and veterans. We are a non-profit organization providing workforce readiness, job training and professional wardrobe services in an environment of dignity and respect. At Working Wardrobes, we do everything in our power to help men, women, young adults and veterans overcome difficult challenges, so they can achieve the dignity of work.
About the Role
Our Rebuilding Success initiative offers scholarships to clients who may require computer skills training as a part of their career readiness program. We are looking for a volunteer to help some clients who may need additional help with using a computer and various software. The Computer Skills Trainer will develop and facilitate a series of workshops (virtual for now) on either Microsoft Office programs like Word and Excel for beginners and advanced learners or Google programs like Google Docs. The volunteer will work with the Career Success Institute team to establish a curriculum for our clients which will include a series of 1hr workshops.
Sample Project Activities:
- Develop a curriculum for either Microsoft Office Word & Excel or Google Docs training program
- Create a skills pre-assessment, training materials and evaluation of the training series
- Ability to customize program to audience learning level (beginner vs. advanced)
- Facilitate the one-hour workshop using the Zoom platform
- Strong expertise in either Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs Programs
- Experience in facilitating adult learning workshop (preferable online but not required)
- Experience using Zoom platform as a Host
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Empathy for working with learners at a varying pace
- Interest/experience volunteering or giving back to their community
- Midweek availability required. Workshop sessions can be afternoon or evening.
- Workshops are 1hr in length. 1-3 workshops per month but flexible.
For more information or to request a Volunteer Application,
contact Bianca Herrera, Volunteer & Intern Manager via email.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: