Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Special Events Volunteer Project Assistant (Virtual)
About Working Wardrobes: Since 1990, Working Wardrobes has changed the lives of over 105,000 at-risk men, women, young adults, and veterans. We are a non-profit organization providing workforce readiness, job training and professional wardrobe services in an environment of dignity and respect. At Working Wardrobes, we do everything in our power to help men, women, young adults and veterans overcome difficult challenges, so they can achieve the dignity of work.
The Events volunteer will work directly with the Development Team to assist in coordination for multiple fundraising and stewardship events. Volunteers will assist in areas of event logistics, research/strategy and sponsorships. The volunteer will gain experience and knowledge of the event planning process from beginning to end. Virtual opportunity available with an occasional in-person activity when safe to do so.
- Fulfill a sense of purpose by helping transform lives through the support of our mission
- Make new friends and network with like-minded individuals
- Learn/ teach new skills (great resume booster!)
- Support participant fulfillment (t-shirts, registration forms, medals, mailings, etc.)
- Research potential strategic partnerships for events
- Auction item coordination and support
- Prize/Award solicitation and fulfillment
- Table assignments
- Conducting target sponsor research
- Assist with sponsor fulfillment
- Assist with sponsor wrap reports
- Support with event follow-ups and relationship building
- Prior experience in special events, event planning and fundraising strongly preferred
- Proficient in Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs, DropBox
- Ability to research and investigate latest trends in event planning methodologies and current industry resources for planning and execution of events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- 1-2 days per week / 5-10hrs per week
- Schedule is flexible
For more information and to fill out an application, please email Bianca Herrera, Volunteer & Intern Manager.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: