Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Latino/Hispanic Community Public Relations Volunteer
Protect the reputation of the Red Cross by identifying and assessing potential for harm to Red Cross brand, misinformation or information gaps. Work with communications management to develop a strategic approach.
- Speaking with the Latino community and promoting volunteering with the American Red Cross
- Be on call during shifts to vet and assess media inquires, share information on smaller incidents, and notify leadership of need to scale up response.
- Serve as media spokesperson for local news outlets in person, over the phone or through Skype interviews.
- Work with chapter and regional leadership to write and pitch local stories to local media.
- Showcase Red Cross services and programs through earned media outreach at events, training, interviews, etc.
- Write and distribute media advisories and press releases.
- Maintain list of subject matter experts to speak with media.
- Maintain media log of queries, interviews and news stories.
- Create and maintain media lists.
* Media relations education and/or experience * Background in Red Cross response (training provided), branding & messaging * Submission of a portfolio of news releases, video clips of on-camera work or equivalent work samples
Email, Call or Text: Karla Legorreta, Recruitment Specialist at Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org (714) 380-7263
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: