Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Board Engagement Volunteer - The Wooden Floor
Organization Background: Since 1983, The Wooden Floor has had a reputation for attracting top community leaders in the fields of business, education, human services, and the arts to serve on its Board of Directors, especially those with immense compassion to providing hope and opportunity for the most under‐served youth in Orange County. In 2009, The Wooden Floor set an ambitious ten‐year Strategic Vision 2010‐2020 for the organization to: Advance its Current Model, Grow Local Impact, and Increase Visibility and Advocacy. The Wooden Floor is seeking to grow its Board of Directors with leaders possessing a select skill set who can continue the guidance, planning, and cultivation of resources necessary to help further the future direction of the organization.
Position: The Wooden Floor seeks to attract members to its Board of Directors with the following attributes:
• CEOs, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Partners, Community Leaders
• Mission‐driven Influencers and Community Connectors
• Dedicated, Innovative, and Strategic Thinkers
• Financial and Fundraising Stewards
Specific duties of the Board of Directors include:
• attending four board meetings per year, plus the Annual Board Retreat, and joining one standing committee or task force per year
• attending key events such as the Step Beyond® Annual Breakfast, Annual Concert, Keep the Promise™ Wine Tasting Benefit and other special events, while advocating for the involvement of their networks to enhance the organization’s public image throughout the community
• assuring best practices for governance, strategic planning, fund development, and financial controls
• making a meaningful personal gift to The Wooden Floor on an annual basis, in addition to sharing the opportunities for support with individuals, businesses, and foundations in the community. Typical personal donation is at least $10,000 per year.
How to Apply: You may apply directly by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and why you would be a good fit for this opportunity to Ursula Walsh.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: