Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Human Resource Volunteer Project Assistant (Virtual)
About Working Wardrobes: Since 1990, Working Wardrobes has changed the lives of over 150,000 at-risk men, women, young adults, and veterans. We provide workforce readiness services in an atmosphere of dignity that transforms our clients from the inside out. The final step in that transformation is a success suit to nail that job interview! Through generous donations, we are able to offer clients clothing services in our Wardrobing Center as well as sell quality, new and gently-used clothing & accessories in four retail stores throughout Orange County.
Human Resources Volunteer
The HR volunteer will work with our Chief People Officer on multiple facets of Human Resources including employee policy & procedures, employee engagement & recruiting initiatives. This volunteer will support our recruiting efforts which may include updating job descriptions, screening candidates, and assisting with onboarding new hires. This is a virtual opportunity with a possibility for occasional in-person activities if necessary.
- Fulfill a sense of purpose by helping transform lives through the support of our mission
- Make new friends and network with like-minded individuals
- Learn/ teach new skills (great resume booster!)
- Assist in reviewing current employee handbook
- Outreach current employment opportunities to a wide range of recruiting partners
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Screening potential employees' resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Documenting and updating policies & procedures
- Updating employee databases by inputting data/contact information
- Coordinating new hire orientations and materials
- Assisting in the planning of employee engagement activities
- Researching current labor legislation and providing recommendations for how this may impact the company’s current policies
- Prior experience in Human Resources field. Recruiting experience highly preferred
- General knowledge of U.S. & CA labor laws
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and strong computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work independently but willingness to pitch in on team projects as needed
For more information and to fill out an application, please email Bianca Herrera, Volunteer & Intern Manager at email@example.com or call 714-210-7460.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: