RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) - Ages 55+ Interest List
OneOC places RSVP volunteers (age 55+) in Orange County and San Bernardino County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most.
Any virtual opportunities include the word "Virtual" in description
ORANGE COUNTY: (addresses will be provided once approved for RSVP volunteer placement)
The Butterfly Sanctuary- Typical duties are to support and maintain the longevity of the butterfly habitats and gardens including watering, planting, herbs, and farm fresh food. Hours are Tuesday & Thursday from 8:30 – 10:30 am. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted.
2. Working Wardrobes (Irvine) – Career Mentor volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County. Hours depend on location. Please “Express Interest” below to set up a meeting and discuss your best fit.
3. Laura's House (Aliso Viejo, Lake Forest & San Juan Capistrano) - Resale Associate volunteers may be cleaning, putting out product, colorizing or sizing clothing, and servicing our amazing customers and donors. Donation Center volunteers will assist our Donation Center manager with processing and sorting donations including sorting, packing, hanging and tagging items. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted
4. StandUp For Kids (Costa Mesa) - Food Delivery volunteers needed to help deliver food and supplies to homeless/at-risk youth and their families. Life Skills Mentor volunteers needed to teach kids how to clean, cook, be a good neighbor, safety, budget, etc. and get them set up in their new place. Housing Support (Virtual) volunteers needed to provide youth with guidance and mentoring support they need to find housing, while teaching them basic life skills. Program Outreach (Virtual) volunteers needed to contact community members to create awareness of current programs offered. Youth Check In (Virtual) volunteers needed to call youth previously in program to check in and follow up if they need help. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted.
5. OneOC EVC Disaster Cadre - Disaster Cadre Members needed to activate, operate and manage Emergency Volunteer Centers in the event of a large-scale disaster. Volunteers will become trained Disaster Cadre members through monthly virtual trainings and Earthquake Preparedness training event. The next round of Disaster Cadre training will begin in Jan 2022 and continue through October 2022. Click here to view full Disaster Cadre description and complete registration.
6. School on Wheels (Virtual): seeking dedicated mentors who are familiar with virtual technology programs like Zoom. Teaching and Individualized Education Plan experience is a bonus, but not required. Must be open to learning different digital learning programs, and flexible meeting hours may be requested. Minimum one hour a week, or more if the student is able and your availability allows. Training with a dedicated volunteer support coordinator provided. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted.
7. Think Together - Virtual volunteers needed to provide a positive learning experience for children and parents. Ideal for volunteers who would like to become involved in their community to help make a difference. Volunteers provide school readiness to children by focusing on math and literacy in small groups. School sites involved: Buena Park, Anaheim, Huntington Beach, Laguna Hills, Santa Ana, Stanton, and Costa Mesa. Monday - Thursday for 3 minimum hours either in am or pm. Training is provided prior to volunteering. Bilingual is a plus but not required. Background check (done by our office) and TB test done by volunteer.
8. Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County Food Bank – End Hunger Food Security/Distribution volunteers needed to perform a variety of picking/receiving, inventory control, and stocking activities, unload food items, materials and supplies. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted.
9. Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County- Food Pantry Distribution – End Hunger volunteers- volunteers needed to work with local food distribution groups who support food drive throughs and food pantries throughout San Bernardino County. Locations and hours will vary. Please “Express Interest” below to be contacted.
Stations Accepting Volunteers for Waiting List:
10. Bracken's Kitchen (Garden Grove) - Donations and Receiving Specialist volunteers are needed to help take inventory, organize, and package donation items. Food Drivers needed to transport prepared food, meals, or surplus provisions to our community feeding events.
When “Expressing Interest”, you will prompted to Log In or Register. If you have an account, please log in. If you are new to our site, please choose register to complete your sign up.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: