Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) - Interest List
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in Orange County and San Bernandino County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most.
Stations Currently Accepting Volunteers:
(addresses will be provided once approved for RSVP volunteer placement)
2. Working Wardrobes (Irvine) – Career Mentor volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County.
3. Laura's House (Lake Forest & San Juan Capistrano) - Resale Associate volunteers may be cleaning, putting out product, colorizing or sizing clothing, and servicing our amazing customers and donors. Donation Center volunteers will assist our Donation Center manager with processing and sorting donations including sorting, packing, hanging and tagging items.
4. StandUp For Kids (Costa Mesa) - Food Delivery volunteers needed to help deliver food and supplies to homeless/at-risk youth and their families. Life Skills Mentor volunteers needed to teach kids how to clean, cook, be a good neighbor, safety, budget, etc. and get them set up in their new place. Virtual Housing Support volunteers needed to provide youth with guidance and mentoring support they need to find housing, while teaching them basic life skills. Virtual Program Outreach volunteers needed to contact community members to create awareness of current programs offered. Virtual Youth Check In volunteers needed to call youth previously in program to check in and follow up if they need help.
5. Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino Food Bank – End Hunger Food Security/Distribution volunteers needed to perform a variety of picking/receiving, inventory control, and stocking activities, unload food items, materials and supplies.
6. CAPSBC Food Pantries partner locations at Churches, Community centers – End Hunger volunteers who conduct administrative and client intake eligibility data entry to create food pick-up tickets, while others work in the pantry filling orders and distributing to the clients. Basic computer data entry, math knowledge and care driven customer service required in the cities of Bloomington, Chino, Colton, Grand Terrace, Rialto, and Rancho Cucamonga.
7. OneOC THRIVE Program - Skills-based volunteers needed through the THRIVE program, serving as skills-based volunteer trainers, coaches, and team-based consultants to provide support to our expanding network of nonprofits in need. OneOC SBV coaches, trainers, and consultants will be on-boarded to effectively understand the OneOC brand and service delivery method.
8. OneOC EVC Disaster Cadre - Disaster Cadre Members needed to activate, operate and manage Emergency Volunteer Centers in the event of a large-scale disaster. Volunteers will become "disaster experts" through various online trainings, training events (including drills), personal and professional development, etc.
Stations Accepting Volunteers for Waiting List:
9. Bracken's Kitchen (Garden Grove) - Donations and Receiving Specialist volunteers are needed to help take inventory, organize, and package donation items. Food Drivers needed to transport prepared food, meals, or surplus provisions to our community feeding events.
10. Orange Senior Center (Orange) – End Hunger Driver Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound elderly and disabled individuals. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver’s license.
11. School on Wheels (Various Locations) – Literacy Mentor volunteers are needed for homeless children throughout Orange County. Schools on Wheels provides tutoring and mentoring in after-school settings. Volunteers will work 1:1 or in small groups with students to support their literacy.
12. South County Repertory (Costa Mesa) – Literacy Mentor/Usher volunteers needed after school for at risk youth theatre camps, classes, workshops, schools, and conservatory productions providing education through music theatre and the arts. During show season, volunteers will also have scheduled Usher Volunteer duties with their choice of shows/teams. Duties include taking tickets, helping patrons find their seats, and selling items at the Theater Shop cart or in Concessions. Hours vary from Tues- Sat.
13. Think Together (Various Locations) –Literacy Mentor volunteers needed for Think Together “Reach Out and Read” Program which takes place in Pediatric Doctor waiting rooms.
14. Buena Park Meals on Wheels (Buena Park) - Food Delivery Driver volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound seniors and disabled individuals. Buena Park Meals on Wheels provides more than 11,000 individuals per year. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver's license.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: