Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
[RSVP] Retired Senior Volunteer Program - Orange County Interest List
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
• Personalized Matching — RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
• Volunteer Insurance — excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
• Recognition — members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
• Community Engagement — newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle!
*These are volunteer non-paid opportunities.
RSVP Station Volunteer Positions Available:
(addresses will be provided once approved for RSVP volunteer placement)
- The Therapeutic Garden: Monday & Friday 8-11am and Wednesdays 3-5pm.
- The Butterfly Sanctuary: Tuesday & Thursday from 8:30am – 10:30am.
3. Community Action Partnership OC (Garden Grove) – The OC Food Bank needs warehouse volunteers to sort and store foods, assist in maintenance of the warehouse, etc. Administrative volunteers with computer data skills are also needed as receptionists, file maintenance, etc.
4. Community Action Partnership OC (Westminster) – Volunteers will plant, weed, harvest, help with irrigation and care for the farm animals at the Orange County Food Bank “The Giving Farm” at Westminster High School.
5. Orange Senior Center (Orange) – Volunteer Drivers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound elderly and disabled individuals. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver’s license.
6. Parentis Health Foundation (Capistrano Valley) – Literacy mentors are needed to mentor members of Boys & Girls Clubs of Capo Valley to bridge the intergenerational gap between youth and seniors.
7. School on Wheels (Various Locations) – Volunteer tutors are needed for homeless children throughout Orange County. Schools on Wheels provides tutoring and mentoring in after-school settings. Volunteers will work 1:1 or in small groups with students to support their literacy.
8. South County Repertory (Costa Mesa) – Literacy Mentor volunteers needed after school for at risk youth theatre camps, classes, workshops, schools, and conservatory productions providing education through music theatre and the arts. During show season, volunteers will also have scheduled Usher Volunteer duties with their choice of shows/teams. Duties include taking tickets, helping patrons find their seats, and selling items at the Theater Shop cart or in Concessions. Hours vary from Tues- Sat.
9. Think Together (Various Locations) –Volunteer Readers needed for Think Together “Reach Out and Read” Program which takes place in Pediatric Doctor waiting rooms.
10. Working Wardrobes (Irvine) – Volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County.
Details: Volunteers will be trained in their roles by staff
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete a RSVP online registration.
How to Apply: Please select 1-2 volunteer service opportunities that best suit your interest.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: