Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) - Interest List
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in Orange County and San Bernandino County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most.
Volunteer Positions Available:
(addresses will be provided once approved for RSVP volunteer placement)
2. Orange Senior Center (Orange) – End Hunger Driver Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound elderly and disabled individuals. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver’s license.
3. School on Wheels (Various Locations) – Literacy Mentor volunteers are needed for homeless children throughout Orange County. Schools on Wheels provides tutoring and mentoring in after-school settings. Volunteers will work 1:1 or in small groups with students to support their literacy.
4. South County Repertory (Costa Mesa) – Literacy Mentor/Usher volunteers needed after school for at risk youth theatre camps, classes, workshops, schools, and conservatory productions providing education through music theatre and the arts. During show season, volunteers will also have scheduled Usher Volunteer duties with their choice of shows/teams. Duties include taking tickets, helping patrons find their seats, and selling items at the Theater Shop cart or in Concessions. Hours vary from Tues- Sat.
5. Think Together (Various Locations) –Literacy Mentor volunteers needed for Think Together “Reach Out and Read” Program which takes place in Pediatric Doctor waiting rooms.
6. Working Wardrobes (Irvine) – Career Mentor volunteers are needed to assist with administration, business development, workshops, Veterans outreach, workforce development, copywriting and Working Wardrobe’s retail shops throughout Orange County.
7. Laura's House (Lake Forest & San Juan Capistrano) - Career Mentor volunteers will assist with various roles at the resale store such as sorting/price tagging/light housekeeping, administrative tasks, and image workshops events duties pertaining to donated resale store items needed for client families who are beginning new, violence free lives, economic employment back into the workforce.
8. Buena Park Meals on Wheels (Buena Park) - Food Delivery Driver volunteers are needed to deliver meals to home-bound seniors and disabled individuals. Buena Park Meals on Wheels provides more than 11,000 individuals per year. All volunteer drivers need to have a car, automobile insurance and a current driver's license.
9. Bracken's Kitchen (Garden Grove) - Donations and Receving Specialist volunteers are needed to help take inventory, organize, and package donation items.
10. Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino Food Bank – End Hunger Food Security/Distribution volunteers needed for food packaging, expire dating non-perishable canned foods, identifying fresh foods from local gardens, and distributing to the public in need of food security at food bank/pantries located in the City of San Bernardino, CA.
11. CAPSBC Food Pantries partner locations at Churches, Community centers – End Hunger volunteers who conduct administrative and client intake eligibility data entry to create food pick-up tickets, while others work in the pantry filling orders and distributing to the clients. Basic computer data entry, math knowledge and care driven customer service required in the cities of Bloomington, Chino, Colton, Grand Terrace, Rialto, and Rancho Cucamonga.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: