ON-SITE: Food Prep & Sorting (M-F: 9AM - 12PM)
Our mission is simple: To feed a hot and nutritional meal to the homeless, the unemployed, the working poor, the mentally challenged, the physically challenged, senior citizens, and most importantly – the children.
The Soup Kitchen provides 200 meals per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! We make our meals fresh daily, consisting of soup, vegetable and fruit salads, hearty and filling side dishes, bread, dessert, and water. Along with this meal, our guests also get to choose from a wide variety of donations from our partners, such as Trader Joe's, Wal-Mart, The National Charity League, and community members like you who want to support our mission!
To get a better idea of our organization and familiarize yourself with our work, please enjoy this brief video: Welcome to Someone Cares Soup Kitchen! We look forward to meeting and serving alongside you soon!
COVID-19 Guidelines: Someone Cares Soup Kitchen's top priority is to keep residents, volunteers, employees, and their families safe and healthy. Please be sure to bring and wear a face mask to your shift since supplies are limited. If you have a fever, are sick, show signs of COVID-19, have been in the proximity of someone with COVID-19, or are awaiting diagnosis, you may NOT volunteer.
ALL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES at Someone Cares Soup Kitchen are highly important, directly affect our organization's operation, and are vital to our success on a day-to-day basis. As a volunteer, you will take on an active role as an essential team member to serve our community.
Food Prep Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
- Prep food for cooking: cut, clean, store, etc.
- Assist in the cooking of pre-planned meals (guided by our head chef). No experience necessary, but it is always a plus!
- Transfer meals from the kitchen to the service line.
- Set up donation intake area.
- Sort and store food donations in our commercial refrigerators.
- Break down boxes.
- Wash dishes.
- Prepare food items for the next day's menu.
- First-time volunteers are required to arrive 15 minutes early for a brief orientation.
- Must be at least 15 Years old to volunteer (No Exceptions).
- Must be able to volunteer for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Standing, twisting, bending, reaching.
- Closed-toed shoes.
- Comfortable/casual clothing (no tank tops, short shorts, exposed mid-drift).
- Volunteers who have long hair must pull it back into a ponytail or bun.
- Must wear masks and gloves at all times.
- ***We provide gloves and masks if needed***
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: