Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:12+
Volunteer at Big Oak Canyon (DOS) & (FST)
Earthroots is developing a 200-year plan for restoring and stewarding Big Oak Canyon. Volunteers are invited to assist with these efforts. All levels of experience welcome.
All volunteers must sign an Earthroots Release Form prior to arrival.
All ages are welcome. Ages 12 and under require adult supervision. Ages 12-18 need an adult signature on the release form.
Volunteer Day Tasks may include:
- clearing non-native plants, trees, and grasses from our 39-acre property
- restoring a seasonal wetland habitat
- tending the orchard
- litter removal
- counting animal/plant species
- meeting new friends
- enjoy spending time in nature
- physical outdoor labor
- painting a shade structure and signs
What to Bring
– gloves (or use ours!)
– towel, plastic bag (for your dirty clothes) & clean clothes to change into after work
What to wear
– close-toed shoes
– long pants
– long-sleeved shirt
– There is poison oak on-site growing in some of the areas between the plants where we will be working. Everyone will learn to identify this plant before volunteering. For those brave enough to work near this incredible plant, you may want to wash before heading home.
– Ticks are found at Big Oak Canyon seasonally. The California Department of Public Health offers valuable information on all things ticks, including prevention, remove and treatment.
– Weeding grassy habitat may startle snakes and other small animals. Close-toed shoes, gloves, and pants are required if you will be weeding.
– Children must be accompanied by their parents or responsible adult at all times while on-site.
– Each participant MUST fill out a Release Form and bring it to the event: https://earthrootsfieldschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Volunteer-Waiver-2019.pdf
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: