Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Blood Donation Center Lead - Fullerton
Lead a team of Blood Services volunteers and serve as the lead for the Fullerton Blood Donation Center volunteer program.
The Blood Donation Center Lead provides excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the donor experience and creates a climate where donors feel welcome and valued. This lead position recruits and engages Blood Services volunteers for the Fullerton Blood Donation Center.
- Maintain an updated volunteer schedule for blood drives and ensure volunteers are scheduled for all shifts in Orange County. This involves making phone calls and emailing current volunteers regarding shifts that need volunteers.
- Recruit and engage Blood Services Volunteers.
- Train new volunteers for the Blood Donor Ambassador position.
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support.
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
- Order and maintain stock.
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s).
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills.
- Comfortable working with people from all walks of life.
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross to the community.
- Knowledge of blood site requirements (training provided).
- Leadership experience preferred.
Time Commitment: minimum 6 hours per week, which includes one 4 hour shift at the Fullerton blood center. Additional hours may be served remotely.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: